Winning on it’s debut, the Taylormade TP5 cemented its position in the market early. With John Rahm steering the TP5 to Victory at the 2016 Farmers Insurance Open – his first win on the PGA Tour.
It’s been over seven years since the launch of Taylormade’s Penta TP Golf Balls, which was their first five-piece design. The 2017 model also features this 5-piece structure. However, the design has been improved, with each layer holding specific technologies to enhance the characteristics of the golf ball.
- The Tri-Fast Core includes three of the five layers and effects the compression, energy transfer and ball speed on full shots.
- The Dual-Spin Cover, the remaining two outer shells, are there to improve control and spin around the greens.
When combined, these shells allow for progressive spin rates throughout the bag.
Taylormade TP5X Golf Ball is targeted at the golfer who prefers a firmer feel and higher launch.
Taylormade Tour Radar ’17 Cap
- Structured construction with adjustable tuck-in back strap
- Performance fabric
- Moisture-wicking sweatband
- Dark under bill to reduce glare
- TaylorMade 3D front embroidery
- 100% polyester